Eleven far more consumers have accused a Jersey Shore jewelry retail outlet owner of stealing a put together $300,000 from them — bringing the overall to 14 accusations and nearly $563,000, authorities mentioned.
Rumson’s Golden Goose proprietor Anthony Goltsch was to begin with charged with theft Sept. 3 for failing to return personalized jewelry truly worth at minimum $263,000 to a few shoppers, Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni reported.
The fine jewelry was left at his retail outlet on consignment, for redesign or repair, according to the prosecutor.
The very first of the 11 new victims had consigned a ring appraised at $45,000 to Goltsch in April 2019, Gramiccioni mentioned. As of Oct. 15, the sufferer hadn’t been given any payment for the ring despite trying to get it again on several instances, the prosecutor said.
The other victims lodged similar complaints for incidents that happened amongst 2015 and 2019, according to Gramiccioni:
- Sufferer 2 gave Goltsch a substantial quantity of sterling silver jewelry to soften in November 2015. The jewelry has an estimated worth between $5,000 and $10,000, but the target has to-date not gained payment from Goltsch.
- Target 3 consigned a look at with an approximated value of $1,800 in July 2019. Sufferer has not been given any payment for the watch and has attempted to get the enjoy back on many occasions, but Goltsch has not returned or paid out for the watch.
- Victim 4 paid out Goltsch a deposit of $6,900 for a ring in June 2020. Goltsch did not supply the ring but the target was able to reverse the demand on his credit rating card.
- Victim 5 compensated Goltsch $34,500 for a observe between March and June 2018. The view was under no circumstances shipped by Goltsch, and he has refused to refund the revenue.
- Sufferer 6 paid out Goltsch a whole of $98,704 among November 2019 and February 2020 for equally gold and silver coins. The victim has not received the coins despite a lot of follow-ups with Goltsch.
- Target 7, who is a jewelry dealer, delivered diamonds on at the very least eight instances to Goltsch to sell amongst April 2018 and June 2019. Regardless of several requests for payment or a return of the diamonds, Goltsch unsuccessful to spend or make a return. The complete sum of the theft for this target is $98,500.
- Target 8 in March 2019, victim handed over earrings to Goltsch for repairs. In spite of multiple requests produced to Goltsch, he has refused to return the merchandise valued between $700 and $1,000.
- Victim 9 turned over to Goltsch in June 2019, assorted gold jewelry for melting. To-date, the victim has not obtained payment for the assorted gold jewelry valued at around $3,500.
- Sufferer 10 gave Goltsch assorted jewellery valued at close to $10,000 on consignment in September 2019. The sufferer followed up with Goltsch but to-date has not been given payment for the assorted jewellery, and he has refused to return the jewelry.
- Target 11 left her watch with Goltsch for fix in April 2019. The target was billed $535 for the repair service in August 2019. The target has adopted up many moments, but has not received back from Goltsch the observe, valued at approximately $5,000.
Anybody with facts about The Golden Goose is urged to phone Detective Michael Acquaviva of the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Business, Financial Crimes Device at 732-431-7160, ext. 2233, or Rumson Police Detective Donald Schneider at 732-842-0500.
The scenario is assigned to Monmouth County Assistant Prosecutor Lawrence Nelsen.
Click below to signal up for Everyday Voice’s absolutely free day by day e-mails and information alerts.