One of the ways that people gauge your substance is by looking at the quality of your home, but that should not be the only reason you need to ensure that your home is well decorated at all times. A well-decorated space is essential to your physical, mental, and psychological well-being because your home should be a place where you are at peace. The decoration of an individual’s home can be said to be an extension of his/her personal style and personality, but it does not have to cost an arm and a leg to purchase an original décor if you know where to look. If we are working with the impression that the basics such as sofas, dining, side tables, vases, and other décor and furniture already exist in your space, which décor pieces can you add to your home to create an element of newness and surprise for your guests?
- The original wall art will always catch the attention of your visitors, especially if your guests are art aficionados. This does not mean that you should spend your 401 on a painting (which might even cost more). There are some contemporary pieces that are not as pricey as museum grade art but are still decent enough to make a statement. You might want to consider reading home products companies’ reviews to enable you make a well-informed decision.
- You can also try some chic furniture like side stools and coffee tables that are irregular design. These products might be considered just for decoration until you pull it out for something functional, like putting the chessboard on it for a game. Now, that is some classy surprise.
- Have you considered showcasing your children’s art as home décor? You could get an information board or a plain canvas where you display the heartfelt attempts of your little one(s). Canvasdiscount and other such platforms can provide insights into the types of products that will serve this purpose the best.
- An abstract ceramic vase is can be used as a flower vase or not, but it is sure to catch the eye of any visitor. Add it to the mantle place, the shelf on the corridor, or any other place where it will be on the same level with the eyes of anyone entering the house. A word of caution, though – be careful with ceramic vases if you have young children around the house.
- A plant hanger is also a home décor that stands out in any setting, and it not only decorates the home, but the plants also help to filter the air in your home, leading to the improvement of the overall health of the home. Talk about a two-in-one advantage there.
- The faux pillow is not an uncommon home décor, but it is one of the decors where functionality and aesthetics intercept. Good for propping up the head, the back, and any other part of the body, your visitor might also find the material fluffy and easy to play with.
There are many home décor ideas that can be incorporated into any space to add the element of surprise to a visitor, but it is important not to over-do it lest your space looks like a store or hoarder’s abode. Chose only a few elements per time, and you can switch it up once in a while to keep the surprise going.